Welcome to the Haliburton Highlands Water Trails reservation system. Camping permits are required for backcountry campsites from January 2nd to December 18th annually in both the Frost Centre and Poker Lakes Canoe Route areas.
Reservations are site and date specific, meaning that you can choose what site you will stay on in advance. The on-line reservation system allows you to make reservations as well as browse maps, view campsite photos and check availability of campsites.
All reservations require full payment upon booking and reservations via the online reservation system are only payable by Visa or MasterCard
Once a reservation is completed you will be given a booking number. The booking number serves as your camping permit and you are not required to register on site upon entering the area. Please carry the booking number on your person at all times while camping and traveling in the area and produce to staff upon request.
To Make, Cancel, or Change a Reservation or to View Campsite Availability by Map
Online reservations are encouraged. These offer customer convenience, reduce wait times, and have a lower reservation fee. To make reservations, make changes, cancel an existing reservation, or to view campsite availability on a map click the 'Reserve Now!!' button.
Reservations can be made starting January 3rd of each year.
- Toll free reservations can be made by phone at 1-866-364-4498, 8am – 11pm, 7 days a week.
- For questions, trip planning advice, as well as reservations, visit or contact the Trails Office.
2016 HHWT Fees
|Camping Fees Per Night||Full Rate||Seniors||Disabled|
|Per Adult (age 18 or older), Seniors (age 60+)||$12.00||$9.00||50% of rate|
|Per Youth (age 6-17)||$5.00||--||50% of rate|
|Per Child (age 5 and younger)||$0.00||--||$0.00|
|Per Group Campsite (11-16 people)||$150.00||--||50% of rate|
|Reservation Fees (non-refundable)||Fee|
|Per Call Centre and in-park reservations||$10.00|
|Per Internet reservation||$10.00|
|Per Change to Reservation||$10.00|
All taxes are extra. Prices are subject to change.
- Campsite capacities are restricted to a maximum of 4, 6, 10 or 11-16 persons. Approved groups/organizations may only book group sites (11-16 persons). Groups sized 10 persons or less cannot book group sites unless approved and reserved through the Trails Department Office.
- Group campsites (11-16 persons) are encouraged for use by organized groups such as youth camps. Groups wishing to book by designated ‘Agent’ must be pre-approved and contact the Trails Department directly.
- Please call the Trails Department Office 705-766-9033 directly for trip planning advice before making a reservation.
- Reservations can be made in advance up to the day of arrival for the entire camping season.
- Multiple reservations in the same name for the same time period are not allowed (except for Agents of approved organizations).
- Reservations cannot be assigned from one person to another without changing the reservation.
- For any change to a reservation, a non-refundable administrative fee will be charged.
- Reserved campsites may be occupied starting at 12:00 noon (EST) on scheduled day of arrival.
- Checkout time - campsites must be vacated before 12:00 noon (EST) on the date of departure.
- Cancellations and changes to the arrival date must be made by 12:00 noon (EST) of the original scheduled day of arrival.
- Reservations are only held until 12:00 noon (EST) the day following your scheduled arrival date. Reservations not claimed by this time will be considered a “no show”.
- A reservation fee is applicable unless making an online reservation (see above)
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation
- Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, debit, cheque or money orders; for Call Centre or Internet reservations payment is by Visa or MasterCard only.
- Cheques and Money Orders must be received within 14 days of making your reservation to confirm your campsite and at least 21 days prior to your arrival date.
- NSF/cancelled cheques will void your reservation immediately and be subject to a $35.00 administration fee.
- Please make cheques payable to the Township of Algonquin Highlands. Please indicate the HHWT reservation/booking number on the back of the cheque.
- For cancellation notices given 1 week (7 days) or more in advance of date of arrival, a 60% refund will be issued, for notices less than 1 week from date of arrival a 40% refund will be issued.
- A “no show” will result in the reservation being cancelled with no refund.
- Under extenuating circumstances (member of camping party is seriously ill, death in the immediate family), campers may be eligible for a refund. Conditions such as weather, high insect populations, etc. do not constitute a valid reason for a refund. To apply for a refund, please complete the Request For Refund form and mail it to the address indicated on the form. Be sure to include documentation/proof supporting the reason for your request.